Thursday 27 January 2011

Take Two!

2010 taught me a lot a things; one of the most important being that you shouldn’t sit around waiting for things to happen. You should go out and seize opportunities whenever and wherever you can.

I first published the following in another blog on Friday 15th June 2007.

Everyone has to start somewhere!
First things first: I've decided to start a blog in order to re-ignite my passion for writing. Every famous writer says that the best way to get better at writing is to do it every day and practice your craft. I am so undisciplined when it comes to writing: I have half finished stories and ideas written down on so many scraps of paper and notebooks that the time has finally come to take action.

Now this is the bit that you're not going to believe - this hasn't been a decision I've made on my own. For the past month or so, but unquestionably over the past few days, I have been getting signs from the cosmos that writing is what I need to be doing! All sounds like a load of mumbo-jumbo doesn't it? Well that's what I thought until virtually everything has been telling me to stop dreaming about what might happen and get doing something to see what will happen!!

People have told me that my life is a bit of a soap opera and as people tune into soap operas every day of the week I've decided to write about my life. Everything from the bizarre to the mundane to just the things that interest me and catch my eye in the news. I hope you enjoy and are gripped in anticipation of my next thrilling installment.

What happens if you're not? Well just remember that everyone has to start somewhere!



So, after a long detour, lasting four years, I arrive back exactly where I started. This time I bring renewed energy, vigor and general enthusiasm for life and the world.

Maybe it’s too profound to say the cosmos is telling me to write, as I am sure that Mystic Meg has been wrong on more than one occasion, but I enjoy writing and I want others to enjoy my writing too.

So I echo my sentiments from four years ago, everyone has to start somewhere, even if it is for the second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment